Old 03-10-13, 05:15 PM
CB HI
Cycle Year Round

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1316 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 59 Posts
Originally Posted by Road Fan
Presumably the returning member who wanted to choose a touring bike did not search in Touring, or could not succeed while searching in Touring, so just decided to ask his question.

Ok, I just read the other Touring thread, in Touring, and I don't see anything there but helpfulness, from a position of knowledge and experience. What's to complain about? Maybe there is a Touring faction that is a bit burnt out, but I just saw good helpful posts.
If you think I was putting down the touring forum, I was not. I post in the touring forum and have learned a great deal myself from that forum.

The search function for BFs yields mixed results. I actually have greater success searching BFs using google or bing. So I encourage posters do a search but I realize that they will often not find what they are looking for.

The touring forum thread only has 5 replies and is dead. Yes they tried to help the OP and did note that their size 13 and 14 feet did not overlap their LHT. Thing is, I suspect they have a much larger size frame which makes a big difference. Yes they did address best they could ONE aspect of the OP.

The 50+ thread gave a much greater wealth of information for the OP with many alternate considerations.

It would have been sad if the mods moved the 50+ thread to touring and the OP missed out on the 26 replies from here. Is that not sufficient to complain about the recent moving of 50+ threads to other forums?

Did you also note that the thread the OP updated to, was the 50+ thread?