Old 04-03-17, 11:30 AM
jefnvk

Bikes: 2016 Novara Mazama

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3640 Post(s)
Liked 81 Times in 51 Posts
Originally Posted by gerryl
Last summer in Scotland where it rained every day for the first 2 weeks of my trip, I wore a Marmot Precip jacket. I was very happy with it's performance and would recommend it to anyone.
Originally Posted by Doug64
The Precip is a good jacket.
Originally Posted by Tourist in MSN
I think the Precip with a few light layers under it would be great for Iceland. I wore my Precip for a few days for almost the entire day. For example the day I took this photo.
Since you all have used them, how did you guys find them actually holding up to the rain? Looking at various store and gear reviews, there seems to be a real love-hate relationship with the coat, some saying you'll be wet within 15 minutes and others finding to be the best thing ever invented.

Ideally, it'd be layered over a merino wool long sleeve shirt that I have, or my long sleeve cycling jersey, for actual riding. Coats are the one thing I am indecisive over on any vacation more than anything else, whatever my rain shell turns out to be will likely be accompanied by my cycling softshell (which can take care of light rain amply enough, meaning the other coat has to actually perform the role of a heavy rain coat), and a small compressible down layer (for sitting around in the evening) if the weather around departure is calling for considerable time in the 40s-50s.