www.theheadbadge.com

Bikes: http://www.theheadbadge.com

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2422 Post(s)
Liked 4,396 Times in 2,093 Posts
Originally Posted by Siu Blue Wind
No worries.

It's just that 7/8/9s not always are classic and vintage yet not new enough to be in road and so there was a middle ground. People can post where they want but some might just be interested in those bikes and it just makes it easier for them to find rather than search through road, c and v and general. Kind of like how all the medical threads were in 50+., It was soooo filled with medical issues that it was hard to find cycling content. We made a separate one for those as well. It took a while but it's getting good traffic.
It's a nice thought, but given how accepting C&V is, I just think it's not in the overall spirit. Especially given that it is its own forum and not a subforum.

It also feels - from these responses - as if the decision took into account only one member's input rather than asking the community - and as you might have noticed, the actual reception has been lukewarm. Heck, even looking at the most popular C&V threads (The Facilitators / ISO-Trade / 3-speeds / Craigslist Finds) would have been a better litmus test of interest.

I'm sorry to put it this way, as we all sound quite ungrateful, but this subforum just seems too divisive. C&V is a place where 1940's Uragos and 1990's EL-tubed bikes with Dura-Ace 7600 coexist in harmony, as do MTBs of the period. It doesn't really help - it just means the same people are going to be torn between spending time on two forums when it was previously one.

-Kurt

P.S.: In addition to the ISO/For Trade idea I mentioned earlier, it might be really great to have a "whatizdis" subforum for bike identification. It'd be easy enough to get to from the main C&V subforum, and it'd be a perfect playground for those who love to identify unknown machines.

Last edited by cudak888; 06-02-21 at 08:48 PM.