View Single Post
Old 09-17-21, 12:42 PM
big john

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8287 Post(s)
Liked 9,062 Times in 4,483 Posts
Originally Posted by LAJ
Yes. Dealing with females is much easier. They ask questions and understand the issue and repair and go about their day. That lets me do the same.
Yes, and they listen. When I was younger and cars were just mechanical things the problem with male customers was worse. I always wondered, if they know what's wrong with it then why are they bringing it to me?
It's harder for them to argue about an electric car but they still do. I had a guy tell me there are just a bunch of 12 volt batteries in the bottom of an e-car. Another told me his e-car didn't have a cooling system, why would batteries need coolant? Or a radiator?
One Volt customer was stuck on the miles per charge thing. "it's false advertising to say the range is 50 miles". It's an estimate depending on many things. "Why does it show a different number each time I charge it". The number is generated by an algorithm based on the way you've been driving. He thought it meant it was charged to a different level each time and I tried to explain it as patiently as I could but he was very agitated. Finally a salesman took him off my hands.

God forbid he read the owner's manual.