View Single Post
Old 10-18-22, 07:48 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10971 Post(s)
Liked 7,498 Times in 4,194 Posts
Originally Posted by njkayaker
People should have seen the COVID exceptions as exceptions when they happened. The real take-away is that business people are not as smart as they sell themselves.
Again, with the benefit of hindsight yes this is obvious. You will argue it was obvious in the moment it was happening, but many did not see that and here we are. You should run businesses since you have such a clear talent for forecasting.
Banks struggle to forecast, economists struggle to forecast, Fortune500 companies struggle to forecast, but this should have been obvious for everyone?

2 years ago I sat at my desk working from home in my spare bedroom and wondered why everyone would suddenly want to work out facing a smart mirror, but I admittedly didnt have all(any) of the industry data to form an educated opinion on the matter.

Regardless, TPC has cut jobs, which is the point of the thread. Whether they should have hired temporary staff or full time staff is another discussion. They expanded during good times and are now contracting.