Old 09-10-19, 09:45 AM
cmh

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked 327 Times in 161 Posts
Originally Posted by cmh
2019 goals
1) Train on average 8 hrs/wk. This is an increase of ~ 1.5hrs per week average for me. Missed - looking at my average hours, it seems I'm still in the neighborhood of 6 hrs/week and my biggest week of the year was 9.5 hrs of riding. At least I didn't drop training hours down much from previous years.
2) Race lots. For me this is 15-20 weeknight races + 5-8 weekend races in the year (+ maybe another 6 or so CX races), Close, but missed - 17 weeknight races, but only 2 weekend crits this summer. 3 CX races so far, and looks like I'll do ~12 CX races total this fall.
3) Win a race. Stretch goal is to win the 50+ OBRA champ RR or crit. I'll call this achieved - I didn't win a race, but won a weeknight race series. I didn't even enter the OBRA RR or crit championships, I was out of town for both.
4) Be a factor in the sprints in our weeknight series - at least a few top 5s in finishing springs, + several top 3 in the points laps. Podium at least 1 of these races. I was not a factor in the sprints, but I did manage a 5th and a 4th place finish and two placings in points laps. All from small breaks rather than the final sprint.
5) 10" power up 200 watts (essentially to where I was 6-8 yrs ago) Missed this one - peak power is about the same as last year. I was hoping to lift more through the winter and carry that into targeted sprint training in the spring, but didn't do too much.
6) 20' power up 20 watts from 2018, which is ~5W above my best ever I beat my best ever 20 min power by 1W, 4W off my goal. Basically within the margin of measurement error, and up 16 watts from last year, so I'll call this one a win.
Hmm. Some lofty goals I had ... but a good season. I should mention I stayed in one piece and had fun.
Likes For cmh: