View Single Post
Old 01-16-23, 08:47 PM
nun

Bikes: Rivendell Quickbeam, Rivendell Rambouillet, Rivendell Atlantis, Circle A town bike, De Rosa Neo Primato, Cervelo RS, Specialized Diverge

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked 43 Times in 40 Posts
Originally Posted by Tourist in MSN
Nice. Thanks for posting. I am surprised you do not have more water capacity on the frame.

I decided that I did not like my legs hitting my Carradice bags, I added a stem with appropriate shim on the seat post to hold the saddle bag further back. I do not want to hijack your thread by posting a photo. If you are curious, let me know if you would like to see a photo.
Please hijack away. I'm sure people will love to see your set up.

I haven't toured with the Specialized yet, Covid got in the way, and so have just one cage installed...the Diverge can take three. This is half way through a 60 mile shake down loop I do from my house, it was cold and there are lots of places to stop for refreshments on the route so a single small bottle was all I took. On tour I have at least two one liter bottles in the cages. I've always used the traditionally mounted Carradice and I don't notice if my legs touch the bag. One good thing about going to the Nelson is now I have lots of clearance between the wheel and the bag, with the Camper it was always close.

Last edited by nun; 01-16-23 at 09:00 PM.
Likes For nun: