View Single Post
Old 06-28-22, 08:29 AM
ollo_ollo

Bikes: Still have a few left!

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 467 Post(s)
Liked 532 Times in 267 Posts
My 1st ride was on 5/21, but betweenbeing on my Cino bikes training for Montana, plus home repairs/yardwork that piled up over the winter while away in Florida, had no time to get my Super Course running again until last week. Cleaning/lubing the rear derailleur revived it, but next day I found it had a flat rear tire. Pulled the tube and saw multiple patches, including a big patch over a smaller one which was now leaking. Hard to understand how this tube had managed to hold air for 5 years, and gave no trouble until now. Anyway, tossed it and put in a used tube ($3) that only had 2 patches

Friday, 6/24, rode the Super Course on one of my training routes to the nearby town of Aumsville and back (13.7 Miles/22Km) but forgot my phone and camera. It was early afternoon, pretty hot, low 90's, that day, so when I repeated the same rioute on Sunday 6/26, I went later, 8:30-9:30 PM when it had cooled to the low 80's. I took a pic every time I needed a drink. Route was West into the setting sun with a light breeze, which meant a return at dusk with a dying tail wind. Was a nice ride, Total miles so far: 24 + 13.7 + 13.7 =51.4 Miles/82.6 Km.

Oregon 22 West near town of Stayton

still West bound

Southbound near Stayton city limits

Southbound towards Stayton

Same spot, different angle

Only 4 miles to home. Looks bright, but dusk forced removal of my sunglasses at this point

Last edited by ollo_ollo; 06-28-22 at 08:33 AM. Reason: correct location