View Single Post
Old 07-02-22, 01:36 AM
philpeugeot 

Bikes: Bike Friday PRP, Bike Friday NWT, Bromton M6R, 1991 Miyata 914, 1991 Miyata 1000, 1986 Raleigh Portage, many more frames

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked 348 Times in 182 Posts
Completed another 30 miles today. I slapped on an extra pannier that I bought a while ago for $5, in case I needed the extra space. I took the BART subway and headed to Oakland to pick up some bike stuff, then took the subway back to downtown S.F. where I disembarked at Embarcadero. From there, I proceeded to the trail along the Great Highway. The Bay Area has been seeing some strong winds, so riding back was a bit of a struggle. None of this can be levelled at the bike, which has so far performed admirably. The TX700 provides ample comfort and easy handling, so while I won't be winning any races I can definitely see this setup as a lightweight tourer. 99 miles in, just one more to go.

On the BART to Oakland. Both the TX700 and subway have seen better days, but I sure know which mode of transportation I would have preferred using. Too bad I was in a rush.

Bought for a friend. Pretty cheap, but still ended up costing more than my clunker.

Biking through Golden Gate Park. Encountered lots of wind in while riding home. On the upside, much of the park was closed to traffic.

Original bar tape is pretty much disintegrated, riding on bare metal now. Hands are numb, but not much further till I complete the challenge.
Likes For philpeugeot: