View Single Post
Old 01-30-23, 04:20 PM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4388 Post(s)
Liked 4,828 Times in 2,984 Posts
Originally Posted by WT21
I had a spin bike in my basement years ago. What a PITA to move around and late get serviced. I believe a dedicated virtual bike could be a better experience (can you put one on a rocker plate?) but having been perturbed with storage, service, and then disposal of that spin bike, I don't think it's for me. YMMV But I don't begrudge anyone from enjoying their's. Also, they seem to be easier to adjust(?) if you wanted one bike for multiple users in the house.
I find they are pretty easy to wheel around on a hard floor. Well the Kickr Bike is anyway. Stages bike also has wheels, so probably okay too. Adjustment is definitely easier than with a bike on a trainer, along with unlimited gear simulation. So you can have dedicated setups for multiple bikes. The Stages bike looks like a bit of a beast to go on a rocker plate. I've seen a few Kickr Bikes on rocker plates, but I find it rides well enough without one. There is a degree of compliance that feels quite realistic. The Stages bike looks rock solid, so probably quite a different ride feel.