Old 08-27-21, 10:34 AM
user2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by gauvins
Looks like a great plan, probably painlessly doable.

Perhaps you want to list travel time as well as (or instead of) kms. ex: Trois-Rivière > Quebec (148 kms) should take roughly the same time as Quebec > Baie St-Paul (actually, likely less -- apps underestimate the duration of loaded trips when gradient is steep).
That's an interesting idea, I added the travel times + 25% to account for loaded touring. I know the elevation data can vary a lot from one app to another but I included the Brouter ones in because it was handy. Ridewithgps gives me about 10,000m total elevation gain over the entire route vs about 6,000m total in Brouter.

You're right, the Trois-Rivière > Quebec (148 kms) is an hour shorter than Quebec > Baie St-Paul (97km).

Originally Posted by djb
as for the 150k day, be sure to be well rested and make sure you are eating well (balanced diet wise) as it's still a big old day. Early start is key so you can really pace within yourselves.
Yeah, 150k would be a pretty big day for us. When we did our overnight shakedown trip last month we had a 115km day and we were both pretty tired for a few days afterward.