View Single Post
Old 09-10-22, 02:55 PM
VegasJen

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 880 Post(s)
Liked 566 Times in 307 Posts
Originally Posted by Maelochs
I don't care how any of you ride. But if you make specious arguments i will note that.

Trying to "prove" that your way is better is pointless and in fact, impossible. There is no objective evidence to justify Any preference.

But seriously, if i am deaf and talk a lot about which bands don't impress me, are you going to listen closely to my opinions? If you give me two cars to test and I say one is better, are you going to listen to my judgment after you find out that i crashed the second one before the test?

You know you don't like cleats. You knew it before you started. You had a bunch of accidents because apparently you never bothered to learn to use them. You have Zero objective evidence showing they are as good, better, or less good than ... what you prefer. You never did a valid test.

You preference alone is all the validation you should need. You want it, that's it.

A lot of people start threads here here trying to "prove" that what they like is quantifiably better. It is pitiful and pathetic. Which color is better? What is the best song?

Why people cannot distinguish between subjective and objective .... maybe there is something to the "dumbing down" of the U.S. educational system.
I said in my original post that they don't work for me. I don't like them. I think I gave them a fair shot. In case some of you FAILED to read my original post, I have more 200 miles over 8 or 9 rides between the SPDs and the Looks. I think the SPDs were better in that they were easier to get out of, but they could be pretty finicky to get into also. It still doesn't change the fact that for the riding I do (paved roads in generally dry, clear conditions) they're little more than expensive kit with little return on investment.

You do you and I'll do me.