View Single Post
Old 09-06-19, 05:15 AM
brushspin

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
So I went out for a ride yesterday, a very short ride up and down the road in front of my house and after just a few minutes I knew that I wanted the handlebars to be closer to me and slightly higher. The only problem is, the stem is already short and the angle is already steep as it's going to get. Looks like people talking about how the LHT has a pretty long TT for a touring bike were totally right. Mind you this is the 58cm that I'm riding on right now.

Knowing that I think I might end up building that 54cm instead to get the handlebars much closer and get a longer stem for more stable handling.

Either that or I get myself something other then drop bars and go from there with the 58cm.

In any case when I rode the bike I could feel myself engaging my core far more then I'd like to and couldn't see myself getting those hours in the saddle that I could if I just ever so slightly more upright. It's only a couple cm's that I'd like to be higher and close to me but it will make all the difference. I'm not fat or unfit at all in fact I'm pretty skinny (lanky if anything) but with that said I felt as though if I could get the riding position to be a little more upright I would have the majority of my weight over my spinal column which would massively change the stress i would be putting my body through.

NOW granted I did swap out the saddle and used my daily saddle the Bontrager Montrose Comp

Which yea, I know I should be using the saddle that I'll be doing my tours with but for now my C17 isn't in yet so I'll do the test once she comes in the mail.

For the time being from the tip of the saddle to the center of the handlebars is 50cm which is short. Then again we are talking about a long nose saddle so I think I should be measuring from somewhere further back.

In any case I'm thinking of moving these posts into a thread of their own about me and my biking adventures.

Is that normal for this forum?

Let me know, and thanks to everyone that has participated in this thread, I really appreciate it!

Last edited by brushspin; 09-06-19 at 05:23 AM.