Old 10-29-20, 11:44 AM
Ed Wiser

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked 130 Times in 79 Posts
Originally Posted by velopig
The actual amount is $39.00 which works out to one regular spin session a month. Peloton has the highest customer retention numbers ever in the sports/fitness industry so not sure what you are basing your prediction on? These other apps you mention also have fees attached so the cost differential is minimal especially when taking into account all the features and services included in the Peloton ecosystem. I am not a Peloton user rather purchased a Kickr Bike however no need to denigrate a transformative product that has extremely high customer satisfaction levels.
I am in many other types of forums with people who are not “bike” and have purchased the Peloton due to Covid. Because they can not go to a gym. I have several friends who have had them for several years now and have drifted away from spin classes after being into it for a year. There has been a surge in all home exercise equipment. We will see a shake out in the market once the Covid situation passes and people will be able to go to gyms again.
I have always spent time in the winter riding indoors. People will spend 12 to 14 dollars a month on a cycling app. Bumping it up to 39 dollars a month. Will separate users when they can go back to gyms.