View Single Post
Old 03-02-22, 08:20 AM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3147 Post(s)
Liked 1,712 Times in 1,034 Posts
Originally Posted by franswa
sometimes we do things because it’s worth it. Assuming you’ve installed new pads as well and perhaps some more bedding will calm down the current rubbing.
Hope Tech UK got back quickly on my inquiry, and suggested the same given how little rubbing there is, after going through some of the other possibilities. Kind of surprisingly, they did not mention rotor thickness at all.

I’m going to do a quick re-bleed on the front today because I accidentally mixed up the levers and calipers while checking fill level hastily last night and didn’t do the operations in the right order. Then, I’ll do some bedding in and try to get a good ride in on Thursday and make some decisions from there.

I’d hate to have to throw down for new rotors right now— lots of expense in home renovation, travel, and a new car— but if it’s a quick solution to the problem, I will, because the brakes do look sick!