rifraf

Bikes: Surly Ogre, Extrawheel Trailer

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 30 Posts
Should have added

Originally Posted by Polaris OBark
Thanks for all of this. The tires are from one of the few vendors that sell Berthoud stuff in the US.
No worries.

https://extrawheel.com/categories/bicycle-trailers/

A tip might be, concerning trailers, especially Extrawheel trailers, fender un-drilled for rear frame seat-stay would be best given the factory drilling for the rear fender stay is too low for trailer vertical (up / down) articulation.

When I bought mine there was the purchase option for either /both fenders to be undrilled.
Not being aware of the issue of the need to allow for trailer articulations off-road, I opted for the pre-drilled pair of fenders, only having to move the move the fender stay on the rear one upward to allow for some up / down movement of the trailer once off the tarmac.

Without moving said fender stay, the trailer “forks”(?) would slam the fender stays whenever the trailer would need to climb over any lump in the trail-surface.

Hope this barely coherent rambling makes some sense.

There might no longer be the option of buying un-drilled so perhaps a non-issue.

Ive ended up with a pair of extra holes to fill on my rear fender and thought the info might save others, fussy like myself, wishing they’d known first

Last edited by rifraf; 06-05-22 at 08:44 PM.
Likes For rifraf: