View Single Post
Old 06-26-22, 04:14 PM
FBOATSB

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 912 Post(s)
Liked 515 Times in 344 Posts
Originally Posted by JenGQ
I think I have this. I made a doctors appointment, but it’s a two week wait. I googled it and got conflicting information. Most however seem to suggest that cycling doesn’t cause it or make it worse. Anyone with experience with this have any input? I did go for a short ride and I didn’t have any pain during or after.
I had a bout of Plantar Fasciitis a good 20ish years ago. It took a couple years to cure it. You need to find a Podiatrist. If it gets so bad that you feel like you have a nail driven into your heel they can give you a cortisone shot that will give you blessed relief. Stretching regimen for the calf muscles is a must along with heel down cycling posture and arch supports. You're Podiatrist can make you some custom orthotics if you don't get any relief from the dime store stuff. If you wear high heels throw them away or at least put them away until you are cured. Your Podiatrist will verify that. I even had to ditch work boots with heels.
If you have any excess weight you can lose, that will help. Don't forget to keep those calf muscles stretched forever. Getting a relapse really sucks.
Likes For FBOATSB: