View Single Post
Old 09-28-22, 07:41 PM
raqball

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 377 Post(s)
Liked 221 Times in 121 Posts
Originally Posted by deast
Personally, I would rather many other protective measures compared to a camera. Spend the money on a better helmet.
I'd hope you have all the protective gear you need before heading out on a bike. If you don't then please get it before you ride. For the most part a helmet is a helmet and as urbanknight pointed out, the higher price generally only gets you lighter weight, more aerodynamics etc... Just get a good affordable one with MIPS certification and you'll be protected.

There are plenty of good camera out there for not much money that will get the job done. If you don't want to ride with a camera then that's cool too but many people do ride with them and see the possible value they add..

You can get cycling specific cameras like a Cycliq Fly 6 for the rear or a Cycliq Fly 12 for the front. Both of those have cameras and integrated lights. Or something like the Garmin Varia RTL 715 that has radar, light and camera.

Then there are plenty of non cycling specific camera that can be used like GoPro, DJI, Drift and more. I prefer to use GoPro's with a USB battery pack to power them for long rides. Something like a GoPro or a DJI will have better image quality and allow super slow 120 FPS recordings..

To this topic of this tread, I've never used a helmet mounted camera and have always used them as fixed units on the bike itself..