View Single Post
Old 10-03-22, 08:07 AM
Steve B.

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel, Specialized Epic Evo

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3221 Post(s)
Liked 2,049 Times in 1,171 Posts
Originally Posted by Pratt
Thanks
It is early in what I laughingly call planning, but I am thinking of Driving up to Maine, taking the ferry to NS, then ferry to PEI, with maybe a side trip to the Madeline Islands, when else will I be near them. Probably non camping, since my sister will be coming with.
I was there back in the late 60's and I remember the Provincial parks as being lovely to camp at, grassy places to pitch tents and a gazebo for cooking with a wood stove and free wood.
Not sure when you are going, it's late in the season currently, the provincial park campgrounds may be closed or closing soon, Maine as example closes its state park campgrounds around 10/10-15 or so, due to cold weather.

No need for insect repellant usually after about mid August, is my experience, the colder nighttime temp's see the biting insects in hibernation.

Sept. is always the time we would travel to camp, we rarely needed reservations, maybe once at bay of Fundy National Park. The Maine state parks close down their reservation system after Labor Day, but the parks we've been to always had plenty of sites available.

Last edited by Steve B.; 10-03-22 at 08:13 AM.