View Single Post
Old 08-13-22, 07:59 AM
base2 
I am potato.

Bikes: Only precision built, custom high performance elitist machines of the highest caliber. 🍆

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1790 Post(s)
Liked 1,631 Times in 934 Posts
Originally Posted by Racing Dan
- How do I think sealant would get into the valve (an gum it up) ? Sorry to burst your bubble, It happens. Sometimes to the point it becomes a real PITA to inflate the tyre.

- Never mind? Sure! :-) You get to have your cake and eat it too, haha!.. Or, explain how/why liquid sealant that is promised to plug holes up to 1/4", quickly, cant plug a small leak that is likely less than 0.1 mm.

Im sorry dude. It just doesn't work and the endless workarounds (you "just" have to get a different sealant, "just" get different tyres, "just" get special plugs to when the sealant fails, "just" get the "right" valves, "just re-tape the rim, "just" get the right gadget to mount the tyres, "just" do this that and the other to seat the tyre on the rim, "just" get a special pump to inflate, You must inflate you tyre at 6 o or 12 o clock or 3 o clock, blah, blah, blah!) is just further proof its a half baked cake.
Because tubeless sealant isn't plumbers putty, pipe dope, or Play-Doh.

The problem is it needs a soft pliable structure that is thick enough to adhere to to resist the pressure. That rules out problematic or previously tubed paper thin skin walls & rigid rim gaps at the rim seam & valves as being sealable areas,

Huge deal, I know. A smear of Shoo-Goo on a problem area of a skin wall fixes one issue & attention to detail fixes the other.

Tubeless seals when the soft pliable rubber is stretched by the outward flow of air, the hole gets filled by the sealant, the flow is then reduced, & the stretched rubber then contracts around the newly formed latex plug. It's not rocket science & it works.

Every system has it's limitations, even tubes.
The workaround for tubes? Tubeless.

Car dependency is a tax.
Likes For base2: