View Single Post
Old 05-09-22, 07:13 PM
Manny66 

Bikes: 1973 Colnago Super, Litespeed Classic , Automoto , Pinarello Gavia TSX,Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra,Eddy Merckx EMX-5 , 1982 Moser SL, Concorde TSX, Vitus 979 KAS. Diamant SLX,60's Meteor

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 236 Post(s)
Liked 948 Times in 328 Posts
I regularly attend the Velo Retro Rose Bowl Vintage ride in Pasadena, as well as the Brian Baylis Birthday Ride in San Diego, for the most part I attend because Im a Cyclist that loves the bicycles of my youth and because I enjoy spending time with like minded people that enjoy those old bikes and nostalgia as much as I do. What have I gotten out of it,, some really great friendships.

Over the years Ive heard and read complaints about both rides concerning just about everything related to them. We live in an Era of hyper sensitivity , so No amount of excessive critism about the smallest detail shocks me anymore. I just shrugg my shoulders and blow it off, I just show up and ride.

Ive been to the Rose Bowl ride when there were only 4 of us, and even though we had all been on the ride many times none of us knew the Route by heart,,And so we got Lost,, a couple of times.(it was actually pretty funny too). I went home that evening and printed out the route sheet so I could avoid a repeat of it.
There is No perfect cycling Event,.

But what would really bug the Hell out of me is, if any of these Vintage Events disappeared . Then What ? Ride the bike trails alone? I pretty much do that everyday already.

I just finished filling out the Eroica Ride Review questionaire email. There was nowhere to write in any personal detailed information to make the Event a better one for next year.. just a bunch of boxes to check off general info. smh.

After L'Eroica , I had breakfast at Linns's and I spoke with Arron Linn that Monday morning at his restaurant. We spoke about the Ride ,the Pro's and Con's , He touched on a few things and I could sense he had concerns of his own, Since He is heavily involved in the Event Im sure there will be some Improvements coming, Keeping my fingers crossed for a better Event next year.
Likes For Manny66: