View Single Post
Old 05-28-21, 07:11 AM
sysrq

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
If you need to put on a cover on your saddle, more importantly you probably need a fit and a better saddle (which your fitter could recommend) A saddle should only need covering if you are trying to keep rain off of it, otherwise it is already a single unit. A lot of pain can be caused by thing being in the wrong position, height, setback, angle, bar position (including angle) and other factors. None of which have to do with the actual saddle.

Also if you only ride occasionally you won't have a chance to get used to riding and that will cause pain and is not something adding a cover is going to help with. People have already pointed out the differences between a bike which you pedal and a motorcycle you don't (and also typically sit on with your whole butt or most of it). However that is quite important to note for this.

Though when I get sultry I may want that but I try not to get high temperature and sultry when riding. When you see goofy wording like that from someone who used google translate so they could pump out the product cheaply and quickly, you should probably avoid it. It is great for comedy but probably wasn't much R+D going into it just hey lets just make something silly and someone will buy it.
Well it's a hit and miss with everything not just things that come out of China so things like bad translation sometimes can be overlooked.
Now when trying out it on a Lepper Concorde instead of Selle Anatomica with carefully adjusted pressure it feels like floating, can't feel any pressure points or poking only gentle pressure fluctuations as you pedal, so the main thing is the right saddle shape and structure (matress spring loaded hammock) + air pressure which is more on the low side. Thin gel cover on top of it also adds some protection and makes it look less conspicuous.

Last edited by sysrq; 05-28-21 at 09:13 AM.