Old 05-08-20, 09:12 AM
Lattz

Bikes: 80s Alan Super Record, 79' Somec Special, 90s Rossin(?) Columbus Ego Triathlon, previously: Bianchi SBX Reparto Corse (stolen) and so on...

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 391 Post(s)
Liked 813 Times in 602 Posts
Originally Posted by VintageTTfan
I was waiting for you to comment on this Dioss. I thought you would like this bicycle. Glad I was right. I figured you would like the red color for one. Second the frame is stunningly gorgeous. Everything is subtle curves, almost nothing is straight. It is just so original. And the handlebars are among the ultra rare. The white Campy disc wheels provide the perfect contrast and foil. Nothing is overdone. Everything is pure class. Thanks for the tip....I will check it out. My suspicion is that it is a Thailand make or an Indonesian make and that they were already making bikes in the seventies. I am basing that on one Dioss 77 standard road bike I saw and the writing on the website. All Best Lattz and never let em tell you you don't have killer taste.

And if anyone can solve the mystery of Dioss bicycles you will have my debt and earn a title here at TT Land....something I don't give out often.

Here is a picture of the owner with the bike:

P.S. I am thinking that it is more likely a Japanese make. For some reason the only info seems to show up in Thai. Some guy in Thailand told me on Facebook that he has a mountain bike made by them and that it is a Japanese make. However, it is still a total MYSTERY for me....HELP!
How could I (or anybody with a pair of working eyes at least in this thread) not love this? And yes you are right fantastic frames in Rosso Corsa-ish colors and nice parts are winners by me. Now try to unfold the mystery.... or at least see where we are.
*** warning mixed TT and non-TT content might follow, post something so you can scroll there***
First and foremost I stand by my idea that the bike shop is the answer.
Look at their logos, and note same typeface used, also non-capitalized.

Whats obvious, that they made/released bikes with their names aleady in the seventies.

Well, they did that in the 80s as well. Here are 2 lo-pros going by the name "dioss Mezzo":

Likes For Lattz: