View Single Post
Old 08-23-02, 07:46 AM
nathank
cycle-powered

Bikes: '02 Specialized FSR, '03 RM Slayer, '99 Raleigh R700, '97 Norco hartail, '89 Stumpjumper

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
as i said i haven't used the COZ, but the Rubbermaid boxes tend to be pretty sturdy...

yeah, it's either the wheel (which you can upgrade - one of the links i listed, i think the 1st or 2nd) the guy did exactly that -- or i think it's more likely b/c the box sits on the frame so there is only a flat frame instead of the "box frame" of the YAK which is stronger...

the advantages to the COZ over th YAK - forgot to list earlier - the Rubbermaid box is lokable and waterproof (although th new YAK'S come with a waterproof bag or at least you can buy one)

just as an option, i found one review saying that for NON-touring, NON-off-road hauling that the Burley was better b/c it has higher capacity, less frame weight and is easier to ride with, load and use b/c of the 2 wheels (although it's wider so sucks for trails and also less-ideal for touring)

i personally think as long as you're not routinely carrying more than 55-60lbs it should hold up fine... i'm pretty sure you could always buy another or replace the Rubbermaid box with something similar -- the same review i referenced above said he was thinking of buying a Bigger Rubbermaid box for more capacity (volume, not weight)