View Single Post
Old 06-19-17, 05:03 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4493 Post(s)
Liked 6,297 Times in 3,632 Posts
Again with the "Mighty" Sugino Mighty Competition, every bit as strong, tough and stellar looking as any other.

Originally Posted by eschlwc
my '76ish g.record has been through a lot -- three rebuilds and all sorts of componentry changes just since i've had it. i made a few more mods to it recently to get it back in more vintage form. i added campy record brake levers and some kkt pro ace pedals. it's my only grocery getter, so it sports a blackburn rack and a banjo brothers grocery pannier.

it came to me with suntour cyclone and this sugino mighty competition crank. i rid the cyclone stuff in favor of campy record and added new sugino rings.

that's a super record headset that's part french (the two threaded pieces) and part iso (everything else). i had the fork crown milled to accept an english crown race. yeah, it's a bit frankened.

and i'm so glad i finally rid the aero brake levers. (live and learn.) i really love these campy brake levers. they make me feel at home.