View Single Post
Old 05-16-20, 05:22 PM
JaccoW
Overdoing projects

Bikes: Batavus Randonneur GL, Gazelle Orange Excellent, Gazelle Super Licht, Gazelle Grand Tourist, Gazelle Lausanne, Gazelle Tandem, Koga-Miyata SilverAce, Koga-Miyata WorldTraveller

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 784 Post(s)
Liked 1,238 Times in 686 Posts
Originally Posted by LBCwanabe
I have been looking for an older world traveler for a while now
Well the WorldTraveller is a 2018 model and before that it was the Traveller and even earlier the Randonneur. But it really depends on what kind of bike you are looking for. I have a soft spot for the all-carbon Terraliner Carbolite though even older models are still really expensive.
Originally Posted by bark_eater
Here's My Cityliner's misguided attempt at being a loaded touring bike. I'm going to rebuild her into more of a "Sports tourer" with drop bars and much lighter tires. The racks are going on another bike. I'm keeping the bottle dynamo and frame lock though, and will probably put some lighter racks on eventually. The frame was way to much of a noodle for full loads, but for would be fun for overnighters. I'll get more pictures when and If I get to work on project # 42.
From what I've read it was more of a fully featured city/commuter bike so I'm not surprised it is kind of noodly. Should be better with less weight.
Cool colour though.