View Single Post
Old 01-25-22, 08:20 PM
noglider 
aka Tom Reingold

Bikes: 1962 Rudge Sports, 1971 Raleigh Super Course, 1971 Raleigh Pro Track, 1974 Raleigh International, 1975 Viscount Fixie, 1982 McLean, 1996 Lemond (Ti), 2002 Burley Zydeco tandem

Mentioned: 511 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7349 Post(s)
Liked 2,474 Times in 1,437 Posts
I finally have a job to commute to. I'm working part-time as a tutor in an elementary school. It's 7 to 9 miles each way, depending on the route I take.

Today I rode my bike the whole way for the first time. I enjoyed it quite a bit, but it took a bit longer than I expected and made me a little late, so I need to adjust my routine.

The route is flat. I did it on my fixed gear bike. I've come to like riding fixed once again. This bike is my least valuable, so I don't fear much when I lock it up outside.

Twice on the way today, someone complimented me on my bike. It's unexpected and funny to me.

On the way home, my chain fell off. I got off to fix it. A truck driver stopped and leaned out of his cab and asked, "Ya want a napkin?" and handed me a wad of paper towels so I could wipe my hands. People say New York City is nasty?

“When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments.” — Elizabeth West, US author

Please email me rather than PM'ing me. Thanks.