View Single Post
Old 12-04-20, 06:54 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4509 Post(s)
Liked 6,374 Times in 3,666 Posts
Originally Posted by robertorolfo
Thanks all for the advice. I've decided I will post a few pics (just give me a little bit, since I'm a work). In the meantime, a couple of key details below.

The problem is that he doesn't actually have the DeRosa yet. He would have to buy it, just so that we can do the swap. It's a little strange, but this guy is also a pretty strange character. His whole quest for a new bike was spurred by some crazy story about a homeless guy threatening him with a machete and slamming his current De Rosa Primato into the ground repeatedly. Yeah, you can't make this stuff up.

As for the paint, I don't mind the condition at all. It's very rough, but I kinda like that (I could ride it carefree, and it still looks nice to me). My issue is possible damage to the structure/structural integrity. Let me get going on those pics...
NON STARTER, period.

This is way to convoluted to have a good outcome.

IF the other guy wants to take the chance and buy the De Rosa, hope you fall in love with it and want to deal on it then by all means he can do so, ALL ON HIM, again, period.

Caveat Emptor!
Likes For merziac: