View Single Post
Old 11-19-21, 09:31 AM
Koyote

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6976 Post(s)
Liked 10,975 Times in 4,695 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
On the other hand, the 20% off for REI members *does* apply to Rapha, which is better than any sale price you're likely to see from them, other than stumbling across something that you like within their Archive Sale.
The Rapha Archive Sale section is sometimes pretty great, if you're willing to wait and not too fussy about colors. Just this am, I ordered a Classic Jersey for half-price -- $75. I don't need it yet, but at that price I decided to grab it. Best Spring/Fall jersey I've ever worn. And if you ever need it, their CS is the best in the business.

Originally Posted by indyfabz
I have an REI credit card, so I think I still get a 5% dividend on sale stuff if I use it when I shop there. By the end of the year I will have racked up around $200. Sadly, the card is not what it used to be. You get 1% back on all non-REI purchases, but they used to have no-minimum specials. Like once they had a 2% back special on groceries. That lasted a long time. Racked up a lot of money that year. Now, when they do run specials, they only kick in after you make something like $3000 in card purchases in a month.
I've been a member for about 35 years and am dismayed that REI seems to have become like any other e-tailer -- they send very frequent emails about "specials" that are not special, frequent coupon codes and sales, etc. I suppose that, in the highly-competitive internet era, this is inevitable. I still buy from them whenever possible, but it no longer feels the same.
Likes For Koyote: