Old 12-29-22, 04:58 PM
2cam16

Bikes: TRIMMED DOWN THE HERD

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1092 Post(s)
Liked 936 Times in 601 Posts
Originally Posted by sweetsweetstef
Hi Northern California bikers! I've been a lurker on bikeforums for years, and I finally decided to make an account and participate lol.

I'm a San Francisco native, I grew up there in the 70s and 80s, then we moved to the East Bay. I also spent a lot of time with family down in Santa Cruz County, and up in Sacramento. I grew up in a family that loves exploring, so I know the whole area very well.

I left California almost 30 years ago, but I still come back to visit family and I try to bring my bike with me when I can. I've biked from the Bay Area to Sacramento, I've gone from San Jose over the Santa Cruz Mountains to Watsonville, and in June of this past summer I biked from the Bay Area all the way down to Los Angeles, via the Salinas Valley and Paso Robles. I've biked around Bakersfield as well. (The Central Valley counts as part of Northern California, right? Right???)

I'll be out in California again in a few weeks, I'm watching the weather closely because I'd love to do more bike adventures, particularly down in Bakersfield and up in the Diablo Range.

Just FYI, I live in Canada now, so I apologise ahead of time because I will use both pounds and kilos, and kilometres and miles, quite a bit.
Welcome!