Thread: Show your Trek
View Single Post
Old 05-24-11, 03:10 PM
thook
(rhymes with spook)

Bikes: '83 univega gran turismo x2, '85 schwinn super le tour,'89 miyata triple cross, '91 GT tequesta, '90 yokota grizzly peak, '94 GT backwoods, '95'ish scott tampico, '98 bonty privateer, '93 mongoose crossway 625, '98 parkpre ariel, 2k'ish giant fcr3

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 919 Post(s)
Liked 745 Times in 546 Posts
Originally Posted by cobrabyte
Thanks! The fenders are super long. I mounted the front one forward on the brake bolt to bring it up a bit actually. I would prefer all fenders are sold with a drilled or not option.

Are those longboards aluminum or the polycarbon/aluminum composite ones they're also making? I got a set of the latter a couple of weeks ago. If I hadn't already committed to them from the LBS, I would have done all aluminum. These just look kinda flimsy.

VERY nice build on your Trek, btw. I've putting my 614 together with moustache bars, also. I mean, they haven't arrived, yet. But, that's the intention. Be at the LBS in another day or two. Can't wait. How do you like the ride with them? Do you find it easy enough to still reach DT levers? I thought I might move mine up a bit closer towards the headtube. My 614 is an '82 and came with Symmetric shifters. I'd hate to need to use something else. They'r perfect for shifting easy with one hand since the levers sit right next to each on top of the downtube.