Old 05-27-14, 02:32 PM
AzTallRider
I need speed

Bikes: Giant Propel, Cervelo P2

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
So there are currently (at least) 4 of us racing in the Pasadena Senior Games June 17-18: 5K TT and 40K RR Tuesday; 10K TT and 20K RR Wednesday. I just registered, and now I need to get a reservation at Casa Ex. In my mind, the big questions are:

1. Can I maintain my 3.3" advantage over Cleave in the 5K, if he doesn't have to race with a recalcitrant shifter?
2. Will riding an actual race bike in the 40K, and an aero one at that, keep cleave and Ex from bridging up when I attack? Or maybe let me contribute more when they do?

if you can call slowly rolling off the front an attack, which is what I did last year. I believe the thinking in the pack was "What? We're not racing already, are we?" Even Ex asking if they were sure they wanted to just let me ride away like that (thanks coach) didn't get them excited. Maybe it was the steel Gunnar that made them all shrug. We'll see what happens this year. The three of us are all in different age groups, so a three-way gets us three-golds. I think there will be more of fight this time. That would be good.