View Single Post
Old 04-04-22, 11:02 AM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 767 Post(s)
Liked 1,742 Times in 1,014 Posts
Originally Posted by texbiker
I bought RX glasses direct from Tifosi. Prompt service and the price was good. I also bought Tifosi glasses from SportRX but returned them because the prescription didn't look right. They said the glasses didn't go through QC and are remaking them. Their price was about $100 more than direct from Tifosi.

I recently had cataract surgery on both eyes and my vision improved but I still have astigmatism enough that seeing close (numbers on my bike computer) is a little blurry with single vision lens. SportRX says progressive lens would not be possible with curved lens I want. I'm learning to live with the blurry numbers which are better the brighter the light is.

That interesting as my Flax Jackets from Oakley are curved and I have progressive lens, I guess it all depends on how curved they are. I know some of my daily wear frames I had and really like had a rather short height, so getting progressive lens were going to be sketchy, so I ended up moving to a different frame.