View Single Post
Old 05-12-17, 06:05 AM
timtak

Bikes: Trek Madone 5.2 SL 2007, Look KG386, R022 Re-framed Azzurri Primo, Felt Z5, Trek F7.3 FX

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Liked 85 Times in 73 Posts
I removed the ripped leather and foam covering from my Selle SMP Evolution saddle

Removing the Leather
by Timothy Takemoto, on Flickr
So that it is just the plastic remaining

Leatherless Selle SMP Evolution Saddle
and it works fine. I did not like the shape of the Dynamic saddle that I bought to replace it.

i updated the Sidi-fied heels of my shoes and tried putting some liquid plastic on the cleats
S
idi-ed Heels and Shoe-goo-ed Cleats
But the stuff I bought was so hard that it made walking on flooring like ice skating so I tried some rubber pads instead using the carbon epoxy that I used to mend the toe of my left hand shoe.

Added Carbon and Rubber
The carbon is from a Carbonology repair kit as before. The rubber pads soon came off. I have some Chinese shoo goo on order.

I while back I put a spare rear light on one of my bikes.

I also changed the bottom bracket on my other bike but failed to prevent the creak coming from that area. I don't think it is the pedals or the chainrings (which do creak if those star shaped nuts get loose) so I am not sure what the cause of the creak could be.

I got cheap chain checker but it says my chain is not yet worn even though it is slipping.

I also raised my saddle even more than abnormal since I damaged my thigh in karate.