Old 10-02-21, 01:55 AM
Lazyass

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2432 Post(s)
Liked 641 Times in 398 Posts
Originally Posted by canklecat
XOSS says it's a Garmin compatible mount. I've used only the supplied minimalist mount -- a puck with rubber pads to fit most handlebars and stems, attached with O-ring rubber bands.

If you dig through the Amazon reviews and Q&A section you'll probably find comments from users who've tried it with various makes of out-front mounts.

I follow the XOSS page on Facebook and a few users have complained about the XOSS mount shoe flanges breaking, but in every case they appeared to be due to crashes or drops while using out-front mounts on mountain bikes and a few road bikes. Probably just a hazard of pretty much any device on a bike. I've dropped bikes a couple of times while stopped and had a couple of slow speed falls. No problems with the XOSS on the supplied puck mount, or damage to bike or body, for that matter.

I might try a Garmin compatible out-front mount after I find my other XOSS G+. I bought two in January 2020, put one away and still haven't found it. I just swap the one between my various bikes.

But an out-front mount would clear up some clutter. I ride with front and rear mounted video cameras on my main road bike and the camera mounts take up space on the stem and seat post or seat tube. On long night rides I prefer to have two headlights on either side of the stem, but there's no room on my current setup.
Thanks. I usually start my rides before sunrise so I like the front stem mounts with a go pro attachment for my light so I don't have to use the handlebar mount. Now I'm building up a new bike and I want an inexpensive gps for it.

I bought this cheap mount on amazon if you're looking for one.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GBS3QMM...roduct_details