Old 09-14-19, 01:10 PM
Happy Feet

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2236 Post(s)
Liked 1,314 Times in 707 Posts
Originally Posted by Metievil
Regardless , not all gravel is equal, and not all needs are the same. but how do you know what someones needs are without ASKING? you don't, you didn't, and you didn't care to ask.
You were the one who asked about spoke count and people tried to reply in good faith, asking for clarification but were shot down, and it turns out you know far more than anyone else about the subject so I have no more questions in that regard. You have it sorted.

You now seem to suggest we should ask about what type of gravel you will ride on but it also seems you have covered every possible angle there as well - and then some. I haven't bothered to ask you questions about that because you've given lots of information and clearly have it all figured out and therefore have kept my comments to the subject in a general sense and not about your specific case. I figured you were going with Jay Petervary and his whatever wheelset on that.

Originally Posted by Metieval
...I'll do a 1200 mile loaded ride on the 20/24 spoke allroads...
...Depends on how much gravel I want to hit across IN/ IL... It might just become a fast ride... 1200 miles max unless I cut it short. so 800 ish on the short side... Midwest ride. so plenty of water/food available. I am leaving it open ended... So I thought why not ride to the Katy trail, but ride to it also...
well maybe I won't end up there... I have about 3 week window. so I'll be spending 3 weeks on the saddle.
...and my 3 week window just turned into a 2 week window. So maybe I'll buy a new MTb instead now, finish out the year with some weekend car camping with a cabin tent/ double stack queen air mattress. and a freaking grill with a cooler. and do the Gravel bike in the spring.
... just know that it is all part of an unplanned adventure. a general idea but nothing is set in stone, and neither are destinations. just 100% freedom to go left or right or straight at intersections and just ride and explore. which was the original intent. and then I calculated distance and was like oh hey Katy trail. sounds like fun. but who knows. I've friends in northern IN, North IL. south IN... I can't say that being anywhere around Mississippi river or Missouri river is very exciting. with Kansas city, Omaha, Des Moines, St Louis, New Orleans all being at the top of my Midwest cities to avoid!