Old 09-15-19, 10:03 AM
Bryan C. 
nothing to see here

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Liked 145 Times in 78 Posts
Originally Posted by Siu Blue Wind
What's amusing is how people are so quick to judge (WWJD) yet don't understand the dynamics of being back stage. I've approached you before on this topic to explain to help you with this. I've even offered you a chance to come and volunteer like the rest of the staff so you can contribute in areas that you feel we are lacking.

As I said before, perhaps this place is not for you.

There are indeed other forums that might satisfy your needs.

I am a moderator on another forum and I understand what the moderator team's intentions are. The reality is that internet forums are a dying breed, users are moving on to the more popular social media platforms, plain and simple. On the various social media platforms one's ideas and comments are becoming so sanitized that you can hardly have a real conversation without most of it getting deleted.

Sure Bike Forums has a code of conduct that must be followed for the most part. But more often than not I see posts that are close to crossing the line are left as-is. Which to me is a good thing. Over moderating is far worse than under moderating when it comes to discussion forums. I also think suggesting to others that they just simply leave Bike Forums if they aren't happy isn't helpful. The feedback you get from your moderation, or lack thereof, should be welcomed regardless of how it is presented or whom it is from( @TimothyH ). If everyone had the same viewpoint and/or level of knowledge this forum wouldn't exist at all.

All I can do is offer up this advice.

If you see problems in a thread you can:
  1. Report the post. The moderators rely on reported posts for the majority of their duties.
  2. Ignore it and keep reading. It's not that hard to just move along.
  3. Join in the discussion and try to turn the conversation away from the drama. Usually doesn't work but it's better than getting mad about it.
  4. Turn off your phone or computer and go for a bike ride or do the bike maintenance you keep putting off . Best solution if you ask me.
Likes For Bryan C.: