Old 10-03-19, 03:33 PM
ntnyln

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked 153 Times in 72 Posts
Originally Posted by TMonk
On a separate note, Quarq/Sram is sending me another RMA for my faulty Ptap hub after they didn't fix it the first time.
I wonder if this has anything to do with it being a Ptap and service being lost in the purchase. I've had quarqs for 6 years and currently own 5 of them and have never had anything but great service in the few cases I needed it. I just sent back my 6 year old specialized specific quarq because the offset went crazy. I paid to ship it out and they tested it. They found the internals were perfect, but the shell had cracked and they couldn't fix it. They offered me a non warranty replacement (meaning not free) for $500. Retail on a new one is $779. When they went to install it, they found my cranks were an older version and the new s-works cranks are different, so it wouldn't fit. Specialized has been out of stock on cranks for months and no dealer can get them so I thought I was out of luck. They then offered me one of their new dzero dub power meters with cranks and a bb that should (because specialized can be a proprietary pain) fit for $500. Retail on that is $1k. It should be here Monday.

Last edited by ntnyln; 10-04-19 at 02:22 AM.
Likes For ntnyln: