View Single Post
Old 09-16-21, 08:45 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by Chuck M
I maintain my bikes well enough that I only feel I need a patch kit, tire levers and CO2 inflator for the roads and routes I ride. I do however have a multi-tool and spare tube in my saddle bag. Bike-packing, touring, solo century riding and jumping off of cliffs on a poorly assembled Huffy from Walmart may have different equipment needs.

I do find it interesting that along the way in this thread masculinity is starting to be measured by the ability to fix a flat or the number of wheels on the bike. As long as folks are riding what they enjoy I don't think it should matter to me if they ride a recumbent pulling a sag wagon full of gear.

It appears that another poster thought I was calling your comment sexist. I didn't mean to suggest anything of the kind, and was referring to the comment you were responding to. I think you and I agree that linking the ability to repair a bike or pretty much anything else to do with gender identity is ludicrous. I intended to actually offer a "friendly amendment" to your comment, just to say maybe it didn't go far enough in calling out how ludicrous the OP's post was.

I apologize for not making this sufficiently clear in my previous reply.
Likes For livedarklions: