View Single Post
Old 04-15-22, 12:04 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by qwaalodge
I have encountered unleashed aggressive dogs quite often enough. They just go around me to chase the rider behind, something like that.

I also encounter packs of stray dogs at side of road although I always sound the bell on them to warn them of my presence to avoid a collision. They never gave chase, at least with me. I believe when others way they got chased by a pack of stray dogs. Dogs just seem bit more friendly with me and I'm just sharing the things I do differently that might be a factor.

Pure nonsense. 99.9% of dogs are too sensible to chase after a cyclist (I made that up, but I think it ain't far off). No one knows the "motivations" of the rest. I can encounter unleashed dogs for months and not get a rise out of any of them, and then some stupid terrier thinks he's Cujo. And you haven't said they "might" be a factor, you've made repeated assertions that this is what drives them.

You're not special, just stop it.