Old 03-06-24, 12:53 AM
Duragrouch

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 925 Post(s)
Liked 497 Times in 400 Posts
Originally Posted by 2_i
Great! Below is the photo of the mounts that I mounted and rode with at some stage, but that came off due to the problems that developed. Many more in storage never went on because they were spare duplicates or something. From smaller problems, the curvature of the well for the derailleur is much different from typical derailleur's curvature, the stop for the cable is not optimally located in relation to the mounting point - to get there you have those fingers going up or down, tiny screws grabbing very small thickness of alu.

Thanks for the info. Hmm, I guess it was a poor assumption of me to think, well they are selling well, they must have tested the design. Sounds like not. The ones with the post held by only the one screw from underneath, looked weak to my eyeball. My earlier design Litepro, stronger design, is working well going on 3 years and a lot of shifts. But it does require grinding off the forward-most part of the FD cage inboard lip, for sufficient clearance, and thats for just a 2X, would be impossible for a 3X, with the small ring even more inboard. I hope the earlier design Litepros (top right in pick above) will be available going forward. However it doesn't fit Shimano FDs, that's a problem.