Old 02-24-21, 06:43 PM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Was warm enough out last night I rode the TT bike with lights. I just hammered the old in-town route plus to/from the house. Nonstop.

Trainingpeaks counts zeroes when figuring your power peaks for workouts, given that, and knowing I had to u-turn for a dropped bottle and was stopped at least a minute along the way for a light or sign.............that would have easily been a 1hr PR of power on the TT bike. Hands down.

Now for some flatter stuff soon.

Also, I'm now going to normalize my overall power, TSS, KJ, figures between power meters now in Trainingpeaks. It takes me like 2min. That way the KJ's and TSS will be the same between my left-only Stages and my dual sided Quarq and the Core. The Quarq shows I'm at a 46/54 split on the avg. So, 46% x 2 = 92%. Divide the workout totals for the Stages by 92%, done.

I feel like in the past this has had the potential to really toss my outdoor workouts during rides by going too hard based on what the Stages shows THEN also not getting credit for it in the math in Trainingpeaks.

Folks might think that's stupid, but it should give me more consistent data since my left/right balance will not magically hit 50/50 ever.

Nobody seeing my Strava or anything would ever see the change, so it's not an ego thing either. I just need good data.

The one thing it won't fix is time in zones. I'd have to literally export the file, apply the adjustment to the file, and reimport it. That's just silly.

Last edited by burnthesheep; 02-25-21 at 07:41 AM.
Likes For burnthesheep: