GhostRider62

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2333 Post(s)
Liked 2,097 Times in 1,314 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by CrowSeph
Hello , i want to make a little update.
  • The sensitivity lever has been improved a lot but still i cant have some issue regarding my nose (sometimes i cant feel when is running , mostly when i practice sports), also sometimes 1/10 i inhale water during showers whitout feeling.
  • Other problems sometimes come back , i had an oedema in the shoulder/deltoid/pectoral/bicipet. I had to skip physiotherapy due to the covid preventive-quarantine (one of my family member had it and i was not infected, still today i'am one of those who never had covid). Since the starting of january i never had any pain , but 2 days ago until today those parts of my arm were sooo damn in pain.
I think the reason were two , first are cold-related. Some days ago we made a route in the snow and during half route we had to stop and swap or clothes since the sweat , cold and wind is not a great addition. I had to fully strip my upper body in the open nature and then putting my dry clothers on. The second reason is that i had to move some eavy object inside my home , probably those episodes stressed the muscle a bit too much. Yesterday i sleept more than 10+ hours for the pain , i had to position a pillow so i can place my arm directly on it so i was not feeling any pain but the rest of the body was not super comfy. I'm not those who can stay naked at very low temperatues , but i prefer colder days then the summer. One year ago i went to the same route with a summer gear plus a undershirt , sleveless jacket for wind protection and additional sleeves. This year after those problem i'am feeling more fragile with those temperatures , my face became rigid as wood and even smile became difficult and the sensibility drop a lot. So i feel the urge to costantly cover half of my face...Also actually i'am riding more my mountainbike than my roadbike , i can't feel comfy as i was before the crash... Still the off road vibration and jumps do not stress my body as my roadbike position. Mentally i'am feeling surpassed , i'm tryng my best go get back on my ideal weight and power but is very difficult since i fell more energy depleted and less motivated. Now after those days pain i have the fear that i had to quit riding my roadbike... Also i fear that i'll not became good as old days , my body seems to block me in the training part and my mind seems to block me during the technical places due to the amygdala's activation (feeling the fear and insecurity). To aggravate the everything , i don't have the super quick reflexes of the pre crash. I has able to see a little rock during a fast road downhill and to avoid in the last minute. The last particular detail , make me thinking a lot more. I had zero damage on my brain but still there is the fear that something has been changed , i had a concussion and i left unconscious for hours in my city damn hospital.

Maybe i had to focus more on my mental helth than the physiological one , but is already hard for the situation i'm currently on... (i'am currently unemployed and day by day i feel the urge to start a family on my own, i'm feeling wasted and this damn country do not help at all...)
I definitely need to make a new tread to tell how everything is happened, and what everyone should have and known for those situations.

Maybe this is more an outburst than an actual update
I've had neurological pain for 6 years, the kind where you cannot sleep.

I don't think your pain will make you less able to make power. In fact, it could be the opposite. When your legs start to complain on a climb, you can laugh at them because you know what real pain is. This will give you ability to ride harder than you have done in the past.

With respect to countries. Want to trade?