View Single Post
Old 03-17-22, 11:18 AM
jack pot 
Fxxxxr

Bikes: wabi classic (stolen & recovered)

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2670 Post(s)
Liked 1,149 Times in 871 Posts
Originally Posted by Paul Barnard
Please don't misunderstand, guilt by association is very wrong minded. In my mind is another form of prejudice. That said, it is a reality. Inescapably so. Drivers DO ascribe the attributes of the worst few to our population as a whole and it absolutely CAN affect their behavior. We cyclists do the same grouping. Think lifted 4 wheel drive pickup here.

I am by no means a rolling diplomat for those of us that ride bicycles. I'll happily roll a stop as long as I can do so safely and doing so will not inconvenience other road users. In this case, not passing this line of traffic that was coming up to speed is an easy choice. Not only was it the most courteous option, it was a safer choice.
>>> the fact that you have a 1st person experience AND have 1st hand knowledge of a (any) road is irrelevant to A&S posters who read whatever biases they harbor into every post....................................... maybe we'll hear from the pro/con Vehicular Cycling crowd and really get this thread derailed