Old 07-17-22, 04:59 PM
cyclezen
OM boy

Bikes: a bunch

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 514 Post(s)
Liked 642 Times in 437 Posts
haven't used HRV, cause I don;t have a device to measure/record...
back when I was training with 'intent', along with heart rate during training and heart rate checks morning and evening, I would also check BP...
everyone will have their own range of 'norm' as relates to BP as well as resting heart rate; so it's really a 'relativity' thing.
I found that BP was an 'earlier' indicator of over-training, later picked up in heart rate while riding/training and then increased level in resting.
Interestingly, it was 'low' not high blood pressure which correlated with signs of over-training.
I was normally around 120/low 80s/high 70's , back when. And over-training would show with BPs of less than 110, down near 100 over 60s...
These days 'norm is 125+- and mid 80s. 8 weeks ago I dropped to low 100s over 60s and 1 day after these 1st low readings, I showed some serious symptoms, which a visit to the ER proved to be a really serious case of Food poisoning. HR variance didn;t show up until the day the food poisoning symptoms became obvious
so BP, in conjunction with other signs, like HR, and prolly HRV, might alert sooner to 'system wide' issues...
...low BP persisted for over 6 weeks... and I didn't feel close to current 'normal' until last Sat... 9th...
BP can be another useful tool
Ride On
Yuri