View Single Post
Old 08-15-22, 08:16 AM
enargins

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Crankycrank
My guess is the wheel is still not mounted correctly and you already had a slightly out of true wheel that you didn't notice or, as mentioned, the tire isn't mounted perfectly even. If the wheel is not centered, you probably have some spacers or ?? that aren't in the correct order. If it was like that before you took the wheel off there would be some evidence of rubbing/wear at the place where it's rubbing now. Their site lists an "online help site". Rad Service | Rad Power Bikes and more specifically "rear wheel removal guide" Tire Performance and Replacement Information – Rad Power Bikes Help Center (zendesk.com)
Yes, I followed the rear wheel removal guide studiously, to make sure I got all the pieces back in place correctly. Am certain I'm not missing a spacer.
But, yes, the wheel was off-center before I changed the tube. But it wasn't rubbing against the frame. So I guess it's just a tire mounting issue. Will deflate and try again.
As for the wheel being off-center, I wonder if it's the frame itself that needs to be adjusted? But it's an aluminum frame, so not sure it can be.
Of course, I could always just add a washer to the near side to push the wheel over a bit. Do you see any issue with that?