View Single Post
Old 01-11-22, 10:39 AM
sdodd

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 39 Times in 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Tandem Tom
As I move forward with my second frame I will be needing to ream the ST. I have been looking at different reamers and wondering about a set of adjustable reamers. My idea is this will allow me to sneak up on the final size. Since I am only na hobbyist I am not sure about going with dedicated sizes.
Tthoughts?
Thanks!
I think the recommendations here are good. High speed steel will hold up better than just carbon steel. I've used the HSS Chadwick & Trefethen reamers like here: Chadwick & Trefethen Inc. The "I" will get you 27.2 and the "J" will get you 30.9 and 31.6.
After wrestling with adjustable blade reamers for a while I purchased a Silva spiral flute reamer. I don't make enough frames to justify - it was a Christmas present. =)

If you have any interest in carbon blade (less expensive, holds an edge less) reamers I have a new pair of #28 and #29 from Chadwick & Trefethen (Chadwick & Trefethen Inc.). Send me a PM and I would give you a deal. no pressure though - just haven't gotten around to trying to sell yet.