View Single Post
Old 05-26-07, 01:38 PM
ZXiMan
Raptor Custom Bicycles

Bikes: Raptor Bicycles... Fully custom carbon bikes... just the way you want them!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Uhhhhh, none of those "roadies" were really trying I'm afraid. Well, ok, maybe the chick with the aero bars was attempting to keep pace but even she wasn't staying in an aero position much. All the others you passed, including the Mad Duck riders in the beginning were pretty much taking it easy. The locked elbows, upright position and relaxed cadence is the dead give away. I wouldn't say anyone got "smoked".. unless they were actually trying. Keep in mind that about 90% of all cyclists are in zones 1, 2 and 3 while riding out there. I'm usually averaging 18-20 mph on the inside loop (zones 2-3, sometimes 4 when there is a 20+ mph headwind. Great video though.

White Rock is a great place to ride, but there are no real hills... unless you go through some of the neighborhoods just southwest of the lake (Winstead Rd for instance). Those lady lumps you called hills, I don't even notice them when I ride there

Oh, and by the way, I ride WRL at least twice a week and sometimes on the weekends. When did you film this?