View Single Post
Old 12-27-19, 03:18 PM
brumby33

Bikes: Vivente World Randoneur (Australian Made)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by YBeecher
Hi Dave, I have a THR coming up next week in the US. I'm so afraid about the prospect of not being able to ride again, having ridden 4,000 miles this season. The mention of someone having pain in their hip flexors when riding has me scared to death. It's my first major surgery and I'm a wreck. Would like to hear of your progress.
Hiya Y Beecher,.

thanks for replying to my post. You mentioned that you're having your THR done in a week whereas mine will be done mid Jan so by the time I'll be under the knife, you'll be almost ready to walk unaided
I think the most important thing is give your body the opportunity to heal, don't be in too much a hurry to bring yourself to independence and risk something going on.
Any operation is an intrusion to your body and it needs time to get over it.
the techniques and materials used today are incredible, the scarring is less too due to robotics and because they do so many of these today means in most cases, the success rate is very high.

after a few weeks recovery perhaps hire an exercise bike, my Aunty who has had both hips done highly recommend swimming pool exercises in a heated pool complex. I 've elected to go to a rehab hospital after the main hospital because they have everything there with qualified people to help and instruct. Anything to make life better is worth it.
I'll keep you posted on my recovery as long as you'll do the same because in forums like this cycling forum, there'll be others long after we mend will be going through the same thing.
Also a big shout and cheers to those who have already gone through what Y Beeher and I are about to, thankyou for sharing your or a loved one's experience.
See as on the other side