View Single Post
Old 01-11-20, 04:42 PM
brumby33

Bikes: Vivente World Randoneur (Australian Made)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by YBeecher
Hi Dave, I have a THR coming up next week in the US. I'm so afraid about the prospect of not being able to ride again, having ridden 4,000 miles this season. The mention of someone having pain in their hip flexors when riding has me scared to death. It's my first major surgery and I'm a wreck. Would like to hear of your progress.
Hi there Ybeecher, by now you would have had your surgery done, I hope it went well for you Sir, how is the rehabilitation going?

Mine is due to happen this coming Thursday Morning, first off the rank...sure hope the surgeon is wide awake and had his double dose of coffee beforehand

I finished up work yesterday (Saturday) and now is the build up and preparation for the Operation, have to have blood test tomorrow, have to organise pre-admittance appointment for tomorrow......sheesh there's a lot to be done beforehand......so today, Sunday, I've got to cut the lawn as I won't be able to do that for a couple of months...and it's summer...but no rain and everything is near dead anyway so i'm not concerned....but I will light up the Weber grill for 1 last BBQ before I go in....just in case .

Good luck with your recovery, you should be back on the bike sometime before your Summer comes...actually it's best to have an operation in Winter as it's not much chop outside anyway and you don't get hot and sweaty when recovering.

let us know how did it go for you.

regards

brumby33
Dave